Factories that use alcohols and solvents for their products (chemical, pharmaceutical, polymers, etc.) as well as waste management face the daily problems of high solvent purification variability. The best way to treat them is through batch distillation since that with this system and changing variables such as heat supply, reflux, working temperature or pressure the objective of separating a wide range of solvents and / or alcohols is achieved. Primary applications of batch distillation:
- Solvent management.
- Distillation of essential oils, fragrances and scents.
- Solvent recovery for industrial chemicals, fine chemicals or pharmaceuticals.
Our company uses BatchColumn software from the French firm ProSim with the possibility to work with more than 3,000 chemical compounds and with most current thermodynamic models on the market to define the mixture balances among the solvents, water and alcohols.
With many references in the fields of:
- Alcohols: Methanol, Ethanol, Isobutanol, Isopropanol, etc.
- Solvents: Acetone, MonoChlorobenzene, Ethyl Benzene, Xylene, Toluene, MIBK, EIBK, n-Heptane, etc.)
- Essential oils (Pinene, Camphene, Limonene, etc.)
The standard rectification plant is comprised of: agitated reboiler distillation column and an external heating system if required, distillation column filled with trays, random packing or structured packing, primary condenser, chilled water condenser (optional), instrumentation, process control, power and discharge pumps, vacuum or ejector pump (optional).
Our provision can consider:
- Provision of exclusive engineering.
- Revamping already existing installations: improving product quality, performance, consumption, emission reduction, etc.
- Complete SKID unit: provision of the installation’s engineering, equipment, process pumps, instrumentation, structure, assembly of equipment and piping, cabling of the instrumentation, control cabinet and start-up.
The advantages of provisioning in SKID (plant precast in our workshops):
- Assembled in our workshops, without inconveniences to our clients.
- Cost and assembly risk reduction in classified areas (ATEX regulation).
- The possibility of commissioning leak and hydraulic tests in our installations before distilling unit delivery.
- Tailor-made installations for the client.
- Result guarantee.